Sunday, 5 April 2015

Back To The Sewing Board ... Part One

Happy Easter everyone, I hope you've all had a good day stuffing your face in chocolate eggs and what other Easter traditions you do. My day has been pretty productive; I am a little gutted that I have been so occupied with college and work and other commitments that I've neglected making clothes, but now it's time I make my comeback. After watching The Great British Sewing Bee on BBC 2 (such a great show), it's given me inspiration to get up from my bed and make some clothes, the question is what?!

As a lover of the internet I have taken a great look on YouTube to browse at DIY videos on making clothes and I thought I try something I know I wouldn't wear myself. The bodycon twisted halter dress is a fabulous outfit to wear on a night out and evening events I just had to have a go at making one (video link of dress here).
I've chosen a metallic grey lycra material to give compliment to the skin and the fabric is just beautiful. However when I bought this material I didn't take into consideration how much metres of fabric I needed and it turns out I didn't get enough. But that wasn't going to stop me, I may as well make midi skirt out of it. Following the pattern and with the assistance of my auntie I made a simple skirt which took 1 hour to complete. It is pretty simple to make but is good practice for when I make the dress I intended.
I am hopefully going to complete the dress by the end of this holidays, I will keep you updated on how it turns out. I have also created an INSTAGRAM for you to check out my designs and fashion inspirations. If you are intrigued on how my designing journey is going please follow and as soon as I am comfortable I will start selling them on DEPOP.

x toni x

No comments :

Post a Comment